The post office on Tegernseer Platz was opened in 1929, destroyed in the Second World War and later rebuilt true to the original. Its strictly functional design - a white cube - is in contrast to the Wilhelminian style buildings in the neighborhood. At the time of its construction, the building was celebrated as a successful expression of Neuen Bauens or new building. Back then, lively discussions ensued and the building was mocked by opponents as a ‘postbox‘, however TeLa-Post anticipated a design language that is now an integral part of modern urban architecture. The name of the monument has a very simple derivation; Tegernseer Landstrasse and Post office.
Builder: Deutsche Bundespost
Architecture: Robert Vorhoelzer, Walther Schmidt and Hans Schnetzer
Conversion: 2002: Christoph Seiffert
Michael Nagy/LHM, Edward Beierle/MGS
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.