In 1955 the Herzogspitalkirche St Elisabeth, which had been destroyed in the war, was rebuilt according to plans by architect Alexander Freiherr von Branca (1919 to 2011). The new building is set back from the street, and the brick-faced façade can be seen through the iron gate bearing apocalyptic angels, designed by Herbert Altmann. At the centre of the church is the Blessed Sacrament, this baroque monstrance is displayed in front of a round glass painting in the altar wall, with a cross motif. It was designed by Karl Knappe (1884 to 1970) who, after studying at the Munich Academy, created numerous important works of art for the city, especially sculptural works, glass paintings and mosaics.
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.