A large-format mosaic depicting Saint Onuphrius characterizes the south-eastern group of houses on Marienplatz. Max Lacher (1905 to 1988) designed the earth-toned mosaic in the early 1950s, when the building was newly designed by architect Hansjakob Lill. There had been a depiction of the saint on the previous building since the early 15th century. This tradition began with Heinrich Primat of Munich, who donated the first picture of Onuphrius in thanks for his safe return from a pilgrimage. According to legend, seeing the image of the saint protects people from sudden death for the day.
Die Standorterkennung ist fehlgeschlagen.
Bitte prüfen Sie die Standortfreigaben Ihres Browsers und/oder die Systemeinstellungen Ihres Gerätes.